Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!! and a Happy New Year!

So sorry its been a while since we updated. As I'm sure with all of your family stuff going on and Christmas right around corner your as busy as we are.  Just wasted to give everyone a bit of a recap over the last couple weeks. (I'll try to keep it short)

Boardstore Surf Shop is doing really well. We have entered into our most busy time of the year with everyone buying Chrissy presents. So I have been flat out there and the Local kids are all on school holidays and they hang out with me all day at the shop. Somedays I can have u to 10 Groms hanging in the shop for hours. Its amazing the relationships I have been able to build through the Surf Shop already.  I have had several opportunities to spend time with the boys outside of the shop.  Last friday I picked 4 groms up Billy, Luke, Michael, and Beau at 530 AM and we went for a surf. the wind was terrible and the waves were small so we ended up just hanging out and having breakfast. I was with the boys all day just hanging out and they helped me do some work on the shop. I loved it!  This is why I'm in a shop to spend time with these kids!  Please be praying for me as I spend time with them and that God would bless our time together and reveal himself to them.




I'll let Ashlee fill you in with what's happening with her.

Our Christmas plans are set and we are ready to celebrate Jesus' Birthday with friends! Christmas Eve we are with a family that is basically our own. After eating most likely more than we should we will go to bed and wake up to do it all over again on Christmas day!  the day after Ashlee and I are getting away for about 4 days. We will drive about 8 hours south to a place called Port Macquarie in New South Wales. We have friends down there that we will stay with and Ashlee and I get to spend some much needed time together!

thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. We miss all of you and hope that you have an amazing time wherever you are on Jesus' Birthday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment


{prayer cards}